A boycott of the city of San Francisco is being proposed by those angered by the Kate Steinle murder trial verdict.
The boycott is a way of “punishing” San Francisco for refusing to do anything about its sanctuary city policy, which resulted in the death of Steinle, who was murdered by an illegal immigrant with a gun.
Even after Jose Garcia Zarate revealed he came to San Francisco because he knew their sanctuary city policies kept him from being deported, the city has done nothing to crack down on the legal loophole. In fact, city leaders have doubled down, insisting the policy will not change.
Zarate, a convicted felon and drug dealer, had already been deported five times, but felt safe hanging out on the San Francisco pier where Steinle would eventually die in 2015.
#BoycottSanFrancisco is going viral as San Francisco defends its sanctuary policies in the wake of the not-guilty verdict in the Kate Steinle murder trial.
On November 30, Breitbart News reported that a California jury found seven-time felon and five-time deported illegal alien Jose Garcia Zarate not guilty of murdering 32-year-old Kate Steinle in 2015 in the sanctuary city of San Francisco.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, local leaders denounced Trump’s position. State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) said, “People have every right to be critical of the verdict and speak out about that…[but] the president is using this to fan the flames of hatred against immigrants, to demonize immigrants.”
Former State Sen. Mark Leno (D) also criticized Trump, claiming he has “no shame.”
Mayor Ed Lee’s (D) spokeswoman said, “San Francisco is and always will be a sanctuary city.”